What is the outcome? #
This system shows you how to add reviews to a website using a plugin called WP Business Reviews. This plugin allows you to display reviews from a variety of sources as well as allows you to manually add reviews.
Before you start #
In order to carry out this task successfully you must have the following completed:
- Website set up
- Elementor set up
- WP Business Reviews plugin installed and updated
- All Import Pro plugin installed and updated
Adding A Google Collection #
- NOTE: First, look up the company in google. If there is no address, please go down to the “Adding Single Reviews In Bulk” section.
- NOTE: This option only uploads 5 reviews from google – if you are wanting more, please go down to the “Adding Single Reviews In Bulk” section.
- On the left hand column click Reviews > Collections
- Click Add Google Collection
- Name the collection in the top left
- On the right panel under Search Terms > put in the companies name
- Under Location > put in the companies suburb location from their address
- Click search
- If done correctly, the company should show up with Get Reviews button > Click
- 5 reviews should show up. You can now use the drop downs on the right column to adjust how you want the reviews layed out.
Adding A Single Review #
- On the left column click Reviews > Single Reviews
- Click Add Review
- You can now fill out all the details for the review you want to upload.
- Title – is most likely the name of who wrote the review
- Date – most of the time the date isn’t important
- Review URL – sometimes this is not needed, but you can use the URL of when you search up the company in google.
- On the right hand side under Platform – you can choose which one it will go under.
- Click Publish once completed.
Adding Single Reviews In Bulk #
- Search the company in a new tab > click on their google reviews
- Scroll down and look for any “More” buttons on the reviews (this will be because the review is too long – click on them to open them up)
- Prepare Document for Upload
- Drag and copy all the reviews (Video time 9:00)
- Open up a new Word Document and paste as keep text only (the 3rd icon in Paste Options)
- Go through and remove any information that isnt the Name and Text (remove all services, review count, double up of names, date, positive etc.)
- Once completed, go through and make sure all the text from the reviews is in 1 line. (Video time 10:35)
- Select all the reviews > click Insert at the top of the page > Table > Convert Text to Table
- Set Columns to 2 > click OK
- Copy and paste the table into a new Excel document, leaving 1 row above it
- Name the columns Name and Testimonial
- Save as a CSV file
- Going back to the website Dashboard. On the left hand column click All Import
- Click Upload a file > select the CSV file
- Where it says “Creat new posts …” > select Posts
- Scroll down and click Single Reviews > Continue to Step 2
- Have a check to see that the columns are layed out correctly. Click Continue to Step 3
- Drag & Drop
- Drag the options on the right to the different sections (Video time 16:50)
- Title = name
- Content = testimonial
- Click on Custom Fields drop down
- Click into Name and add these custom fields
- wpbr_rating = 5
- wpbr_reviewer_name = drag in name
- wpbr_review_url = use the URL of when you search up the company in google (optional)
- Click into Texonomies, Categories, Tags drop down
- Click Platforms > write Google
- Tick Save settings as a template at the bottom > Call Review Import
- Click Continue to step 4
- Drag Name from right hand column into Unique Identifier
- Click Continue > Confirm & Run Import
Adding Tags #
- Go to Reviews > Review Tags
- Name the Tag – All Reviews
- Go to Reviews > Single Reviews
- There will be a little square on the left of each review, if you want to select all reviews click on the square next to Name and Title at the top of the list. All reviews should be selected.
- Click on Bulk Actions drop down > select Edit > Apply
- In review tags > add All Reviews tag
- Click Update
- Now this may take a while, open up each review by right clicking and opening in new tab
- Now just go through each one and click Update
Create A Collection #
- Go to Reviews > Collections
- Choose Add Tagged Collection
- Name the collection Carousel – All Reviews
- On the right panel > tick All Reviews > Apply Changes
- Click on Reviews dropdown
- Untick – Reviewer Image and Timestamp
- Click on Presentation drop down
- Change format to Carousel
- Change maximum reviews to a larger number (eg. 80)
- Click on Order drop down
- Can change these settings if needed
- Click Save > Copy Shortcode
Add Shortcode To Website #
- Open up Homepage > Hover over Edit with Elementor up the top of page > Click Elementor Footer
- Make a section with a Title (eg. Here’s what our customers have to say)
- Search Widget Shortcode on the left panel
- Drag in shortcode under the Title > Paste the shortcode into the section on left > Click APPLY
- NOTE: it won’t show up in this Edit view, you will only see a grey bar until you view the page normally.
- Update the page.
Add All Reviews Page #
- Copy the steps in Create A Collection section except create them in a Gallery view.
- So create an entirely new collection, call it Gallery – All Reviews
- When choosing format, make sure its Gallery
- Then create a completely new website page called All Reviews
- Add a Title and the shortcode for the Gallery – All Reviews collection
- Then add a button on the Footer under the Carousel Reviews you just created, linking to the new Gallery page.
Chat GBT Prompt #
- “Can you please format the above reviews in a spreadsheet with 2 columns: Reviewer Name and Review Content. The reviewer name is the line with a few words. please correct spelling and grammar, use australian spelling”